A good project manager is like a wheel hub. They seamlessly combine management, customers and employees and help the project run smoothly. To find good candidates for this position, make sure you are familiar with knowing how to interview candidates to find skills to interact between people, business methods and professional skills. Staffing agency jobs will help you how to hire the best project manager for your company:
Interview: Professional skills and working methods
Professional skills make a great start to an interview because they are quite classics to answer, thus making the candidate feel comfortable. Start with easy questions:
At the old company, which software do you use to manage the project?
Then try a harder question:
If I gave you a laptop to plan your next project, which software would you use?
Once you decide on a qualified candidate, find out how they manage the project. Even if this is not a candidate for a senior project manager, use the following general questions:
What is the way you manage the project?
What are the views on how to implement your project - are you an agile person?
Then ask lots of specific questions about how the method works
● How do you organize your work time?
● How do you allocate resources?
● How do you always update the progress made?
Each candidate will have their own way. Maybe they use software, a notebook, or years of experience.
Interview questions about communication skills
A great project manager possessing interpersonal skills can help people on the team work together, so these questions are about how to interview candidates to learn more about these aspects. Questions about this skill may include: How can you control caution? Or details:
● Please tell me about the time when the two core members had mixed opinions. How did you solve this problem?
● The answer you are looking for should aim for consensus and focus on the initial goals of the project.
● Interview questions about the relationship with the project sponsor
Some candidates will say project funding is the one who will reevaluate the project, while others think it is the budget holder. These difficult skills questions will test specific project management skills that candidates can do for your company:
● Are you trained to manage supply chain?
● Do you manage people or just manage projects?
● Are you responsible for the delivery or financial or administrative paperwork for the project? Let me know about the goals and results in the nearest project.
Conclude the interview by asking some questions about behavioral issues related to common issues in project management at your company. For example, if the candidate will have to work with team members from many countries, you should ask:
● Please tell me about the period of time when your working group and the team have foreigners who disagree?
● What is the problem? How did you solve it?
Knowing how to interview project managers, you can help your business identify candidates who have the skills, qualifications and expertise to become the right project manager for the business.
If you need support from staffing agency jobs to hire the best project manager for your company, please refer to faro recruitment:
HANOI HEAD OFFICE
Add: Unit 701A, 7th floor, Handi Resco Tower,521 Kim Ma street, Ba Dinh district, Ha Noi
Tel: + 84 24 3974 3091
Fax: + 84 24 3974 3090
HO CHI MINH CITY OFFICE
Add: Unit 1102, 11th floor, Central Plaza Office Building, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city
Tel: + 84 28 3821 4654
Fax: + 84 28 3821 4653