The source of human resources recruitment is the first gateway to decide whether the direction in recruitment is successful. Currently, there are two commonly used recruitment sources: internal and external sources. Each recruitment source has its own pros and cons. In this article, let's also learn about these two sources of human resource recruitment.
Sources of internal recruitment
Simply, internal recruitment is a form of recruiting available employees of companies. Human resources will be recruited within the enterprise and employees can be self-nominated or promoted by their superiors. This human resource recruitment source possesses advantages such as:
- This source of recruitment has cost savings because people already work in the company, so there is no additional cost for job postings and search websites.
- That human resource is familiar with the business culture and work in the enterprise, so it will save time on training. At the same time, the working process will not be interrupted and it can reduce the arising problems.
- Internal hiring managers also have easy access to employee profiles to understand their information and ability to work and sense of responsibility.
With internal recruitment sources, many businesses often encourage employees to recommend themselves or refer friends and acquaintances. This has a great advantage that the referred candidate will trust the business environment. However, besides complication for this source, it can not be denied that the internal recruitment source has some obstacles, which are limited changes in labor quality due to the fact that businesses can not reach other talented candidates with more creation. There are also a number of other sensitive related issues with internal recruitment sources.
For internal recruitment sources, a recruitment method seems quite simple. It just needs a job post on message boards or a notification for employees of vacancies to their email. The recruitment information will be communicated clearly so that employees can self-assess their abilities and there is a reward policy when introducing personnel for the vacant position.
Sources of external recruitment
Compared to internal recruitment sources, external recruitment is more preferred. This recruitment source is simply understood as people outside the organization applying for jobs. To use this recruitment source effectively, businesses should clearly identify the vacancies that need new human resources and absolutely, candidates applying for a vacancy have diverse backgrounds.
Regarding advantages, external recruitment sources will produce high quality human resources because these subjects have been carefully screened through the recruitment process. In addition, this source of recruitment also creates diversity in the enterprise workforce so that plans, projects and goals are implemented more effectively.
On the other hand, external recruitment sources certainly have stumbling blocks. First of all, it takes time to train new people to familiarize themselves with the work and corporate culture. Businesses also face job hopping of new employees leading to disclosure of information to competitors. Finally, due to posting jobs on different recruitment media, it will be difficult to filter resumes.
- To apply this recruitment source effectively, business should determine the following criteria: Posting job description on forums and high quality job search websites such as topCV, vieclam24h,...
- Use external recruitment services for advice and optimal solutions
- Use the recruitment assistant service to proceed with the completion of recruitment goals.
Above is information about the two most commonly used human resource recruitment sources today. If businesses need more detailed advice and have a demand to learn more about effective recruitment methods, please contact us via hotline.