Recruitment is a dilemma for all businesses; however, compared to senior recruitment, it can not be denied that it is really a stumbling block owing to those big cheeses of businesses playing an essential role in bringing 90% of total revenue.
In this article, let's take an overview at Faro Vietnam about senior recruitment and we will explain why this is an obstacle for businesses.
Who is the senior?
Each enterprise has its own characteristics and standards, so it is difficult to define a detailed portrait of seniors; therefore, to explain simply, seniors are those who possess flexible skills, vast knowledge, hands-on experience and professional attitude to take the responsibility for high-level tasks in an enterprise. Thus, almost all businesses tend to require candidates having certain achievements in their career.
Most of the senior staff are excellent leaders with many-year practical experience, and definitely with a well-paid income. To identify seniors, businesses can base on the following criteria:
- Rich and diverse professional and social knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Strategic vision
- Ability to deal with emerging situations
- Analyzing and solving problems ability
- Strong and decisive negotiation
- Independent ability and teamwork skill
- Disciplined attitude, intense passion and ability to overcome challenges.
Obstacles for senior recruitment
According to a survey carried out by headhunters of FaroVietnam, the demand for seniors is very large and it tends to focus heavily on the fields of finance - banking, information technology, manufacturing and consumer goods. The high-level employees have the characteristic that they always receive very good treatment, that’s why their demand for job hopping is quite low, which causes an imbalance between the supply and demand of the senior market.
In addition, the training system has not met the quality of human resources, so the professional capacity of seniors has not really satisfied the requirements of employers. Recruitment companies also assume the long-distanced difference between the supply ratio and the demand ratio for senior recruitment. Notwithstanding the willingness of businesses to invest in developing high-level human resources, the quality of this human resource still does not really approach businesses’ expected level.
Due to the scarcity of senior personnel in both quantity and quality, human resource recruitment becomes a difficult problem for all businesses.
How to look for senior human resources?
Senior vacancies always require special criteria in terms of both expertise and management capacity. Therefore, to recruit the potential employees, it is necessary for businesses to exploit the source of candidates according to the following factors:
- Through relationships of other seniors of business to reach suitable candidates or relationships in the industry, personal relationships or connections on social networks to attract the most potential candidates.
- Internal recruitment is also a good way, in which businesses can easily screen out employees’ capacity and specialists with excellent performance by ideal career prospects .
- Through outsourced recruitment companies which can assist businesses to approach the best results by their large network of connections and a diverse source of qualified candidates. At the same time, these agencies are very knowledgeable about the human resource market. In addition, the recruitment experts of service providers have many years of experience, so they quickly find high-level human resources that meet the requirements of the business.
If businesses need more advice on recruiting seniors, please contact our hotline.
Read more: top recruitment agencies in vietnam