The personnel in charge of recruitment work play a very significant role in any business and that recruiters select the wrong candidates for unsuitable vacancies can cause consequences of squandering time, money and effort. So what are the important skills a talenting recruiter needs to have?
The following are the skills that are most important to talent recruiters.
What is a talent Recruiter?
Talent recruitment specialists are people who work in the HR department and they are responsible for managing and implementing the entire recruitment process. The duties include receiving applications, screening, testing, contacting and interviewing, and selecting candidates.
Their mission is to ensure the lowest recruitment cost, fastest recruitment time and best candidates, which requires talent recruitment experts with hands-on experience, seniority, vast human resource knowledge and flexibility.
The most important skills for talent recruiters
For talent recruitment professionals, they will have the following important skills:
- Communication skill: Good communication skills are a strength for HR professionals because the target audience is not a machine but a human with emotions, so communication skills must be skillful and flexible to recruit the most suitable candidate.
Active listening skills are listening, recording candidates and giving feedback to exploit the potential candidates for the business. To avoid choosing the wrong person and missing talents out, recruitment experts must always be alert, wise and skillful.
- Planning skills: This is a must-have skill for every recruiters
- Study and self-study skills
- Self-study and self-experience are abilities which can be an assistant for recruitment experts for any circumstances.
- Relationship building skills: In the fierce human resources competition, recruiting talents is challenging while there are many talents that are not explored. That's why recruiting professionals always expand their relationships to speed up talent discovery while developing reputation in the HR market.
- Empathy: Empathy can understand people's hearts thereby conquering them. Many talents are conquered by recruitment experts because of not a high-paid salary, but a comfortable environment, the concern about their family life, etc, which help recruitment experts convince talent to work for the business.
- Invisible and tangible analytical skills: Another criterion for recruitment experts is Invisible and tangible analytical skills. In recruitment, the aimed quantity of employees, the salary, the number of supporting staff, etc can be solved with the analysis software, on the other hand with factors related to the sbility, the skill level can only be estimated specific standards, which depend on the specialist's own intuition and recruitment experience.
- Multitasking skills: Last but not least, the skill is required greatly by business owners. Through research, study planning, recruitment deployment, negotiation, training, orientation to get the most satisfactory personnel. Besides, they also have countless interwoven tasks every day. Therefore, multitasking and time-management are essential.
These are the obligated skills for a talent recruitment specialist. If businesses are interested in recruitment and related issues, please contact our hotline.