The right method of recruitment is the key to attracting talent and maintaining sustainable development of business. Recently, external recruitment and internal recruitment are two forms applied by many businesses. So what is the difference between these two types of recruitment and which method should businesses choose?
In this article, we will analyze these forms in detail for business to choose the suitable method.
Recruiting outside the business
The external recruitment is a form of recruiting a variety of talent from outside the enterprise and it is also used by many enterprises around the world.
For the external recruitment form, the service provider will spend a specific amount of money to use some types of media like newspapers, TV channels, radio stations, recruitment websites to receive a large number of applications back. Enterprises use this form of recruitment when the company does not have its own personnel or has the demand of senior positions with specific characteristics.
Outside recruitment agencies will make business effective and provide talented candidate sources. The strength of this form are the great approach, the great chances of finding the right application, the diverse workforce, the minimum internal competition, and the fair recruitment.
However, on the other hand, this recruitment still has some complications such as time-consuming for executive search and selection, suitable candidates and environmental adaptation of new employees as well as the expensive cost.
The internal recruitment which use available human resources of business has some differences from outside recruitment, such as:
- Using the internal notice to all employees of business
- All employees of a business apply for suitable vacancies.
- Human resources department or business leaders select suitable employees for vacancies.
The advantage of using internal recruitment is lower costs, saving time and effort because of available human resources. At the same time, there is also a lower risk of finding candidates as well as facilitating for employees to be promoted at the company.
However, besides the strengths, there are some stumbling block such as:
- The new employment effect.
- Being hard to recruiting the large number of employees
- The limitation of the variety of employees
- Being hard to guarantee assurance and transparency
- The lower quality employees.
Should the business choose external application or internal recruitment?
To choose the right recruitment format, businesses need to base the demand and the context of business, as following:
- In case the enterprises need human resources for important strategies and the available human resources of business can not meet the demand of skills and experience or this is an opening environmental enterprise which is not afraid to change plans about training new employees, the external recruitment is completely suitable.
- Business should choose the internal form in case it has been a stable development, the specific vacancy requires special skills, or that business doesn't have time and money enough to use the external recruitment.
Hopefully, with this article, businesses will choose the appropriate form of recruitment.