To evaluate candidates through the interview is one of the important steps that every recruitment must focus on owing to its decisiveness in the recruitment process. So how to evaluate candidates after the most effective interview? In this article, the HR experts of Faro Vietnam will reveal how to properly evaluate candidates after the interview.
What role does the post-interview candidate assessment play?
While the employer does not require to pay too much attention to the screening during the pre-interview and the interview round, the post-interview stage is completely different. At this time, employers have to screen and advanced evaluate because:
- The number of successful candidates is in coincidence with the number of human resources required for the vacancy.
- The wrong assessment can lead to incorrect candidate selection while causing loss of budget and time of the business. Therefore, the post-interview evaluation of candidates is extremely important.
- The unacurating candidate assessment can lead to a re-recruitment adversely affecting the working productivity and business activities of the enterprise.
Through these things, it can be seen that the essence of accurately assessing candidates, that's why it is required all businesses to extremely focus on.
How to evaluate candidates after the most effective interview?
To have an effective post-interview candidate evaluation process, businesses should prepare consistent and scientific steps from the beginning. As follows:
- First, businesses should define realistic evaluation criteria. The best candidate is the suitable one for vacancy; therefore, the task of the human resources department is to collect full job description information for vacancy. The evaluation criteria will be arranged following the importance of the skills and qualities that the actual job requirements set.
- Develop specific evaluation points for each criterion. For each criterion, there will be a scale of 1 - 10 according to the relevance of the candidate's answer and each criterion will have a different rating percentage. Through those 2 scales, employers will build a rating scale.
- Instead of calculating by hand or setting up excel, businesses should equip more professional recruitment software, which helps the recruitment department to have accurate assessment results, save time and store it fully.
- To avoid the differential rate for candidates, the headhunter in charge of the interview should evaluate and record the score scale for the candidate on the recruitment software immediately.
- Analyze and evaluate the suitability of each candidate right after the interview ends on the software system. The results sheet will be sent immediately to the head of the department and the board of directors for final approval before deciding employment. The approval department can check candidate information including work experience, qualities and skills of each person to add more basis for the decision.
- In order to avoid losing talent, after the interview, businesses should complete the candidate evaluation process quickly. Then, notify the candidate at the earliest to retain talent effectively and limit the situation of being recruited by competitors first.
Above is the crucial role of candidate evaluation and how to evaluate candidates after the most effective interview. If businesses are challenged in the recruitment process, please contact Faro Vietnam immediately. We are the leading provider of HR solutions in Vietnam. Faro Vietnam's human resources experts have excellent experience and qualifications as well as skills to solve any problems arising in the process of recruiting and using human resources. Contact our hotline for more detailed advice!