With the current digital technology era, recruitment channels tend to gradually shift to social media which is more convenient for both job seekers and employers to approach each other. However, on the other hand, this recruitment channel still has certain disadvantages.
In this article, Faro Vietnam will analyze in detail the advantages and disadvantages of the social network recruitment channel.
What is the social media recruitment channel?
It refers to the form of using social networking sites such as Facebook, Zalo, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, recruitment groups ... to recruit. The social network recruitment channel requires recruiters to operate on the internet platform, create self-publishing information, and store profile information in the form of status decentralizing certain people to see. Employers and candidates can both find each other through search engines, linking or tracking functions.
What are the advantages of social media recruitment channels?
The explosive development of the global social network has brought opportunities for employers to approach a new and effective recruitment channel. This recruitment channel converges outstanding advantages such as:
- Expand the scope of searching for the most candidates compared to other recruitment channels. This source of applicants can extend beyond a country's borders thereby increasing the rate of reaching talents in the recent fiercely competitive labor market.
- Candidates found on social media recruitment channels are definitely tech-savvy. Moreover, they also are sharp-witted and dynamic.
- Save recruitment cost. Most of the job postings on the company's Facebook page are free, unless businesses use it for wide advertising which require a fee to the manager only. In spite of fee circumstances, this recruitment budget is much lower than posting job ads in the press.
- Save time because employers can directly reach the target group of candidates they want through participating in forums and taking advantage of them.
- Evaluate comprehensively candidates through their active history on social networks.
What are the disadvantages of social media recruitment channels?
Everything has two opposite sides and the social network recruitment channel is no exception. In addition to the above advantages, this form of recruitment still has certain disadvantages such as:
- There will be negative and untruthful comments appearing on your company's job posting, which can easily make the candidate misunderstood and have a bad impression of your company.
- To make an impression on audiences, candidates will require creative and funny job postings that do not just follow other monotonous traditional or online ones. However, doing this needs to be very attentive to reviewing posts, decentralizing the audience to read the news and avoid bad comments.
- The number of job postings on social networks that are updated regularly will cause your post to drift and it affects the attraction of candidates. To overcome this, it is necessary to regularly monitor and update their business's job postings. Therefore, it will take a long time to control.
Above are the pros and con of social media recruitment channels. For more advice on effective and cost-effective recruitment channels, please contact Faro Vietnam's hotline.
See more: recruitment agencies