Objective of the Job
Advice, monitoring and assurance of inline and final production at Asian producers based on the company quality standards and workmanship guidelines for both, Mountainwear and Backpacks.
• Independent planning and communication of necessary visits to producers for quality assurance and quality control.
• Giving advice to production companies based on company quality specifications and current production instructions.
• Carrying out quality controls during production (income, inline and final inspection) with focus on inline inspections and assessment of PPS (Preproduction Samples).
• Responsible for inline and final inspection reports and the respective bulk approvals.
• Passing samples and mock-ups to company Technicians and Quality Assurance
• Regular consultations and online meetings with company Quality Management
• Regular consultations and meetings with Producers and Subcontractors in order to solve current quality problems (e. g. material issues, cutting or processing problems and delivery delays).
• Ensuring the production processes as explained in the quality manual and implementation in the production facilities.
• Communication of company quality guidelines to producers.
• Close cooperation and permanent exchange of information with Production Consultant and Team Lead QC Asia, Dagmar Koller.
• Technical support for company inhouse product developers and technicians.
• Supporting company Product development during prototyping phase.
• Supporting producer product development (material, patternmaking, processing, function, ...).
• Carrying out quality controls (especially inline to solve problems in early stage) at the producers' facilities with support of company PLM-Quality App.
• On-site training and coaching of producers to ensure high-quality production including internal quality controls.
• Giving technical and solution-oriented input to solve production problems.
• Monitoring of in-time production and delivery (in cooperation with company production planning and logistics).
• Giving input for company producer evaluation.
• Coordination of ongoing production with producers, logistics and production planning.
• Assessment of the bulk production with support of PLM-Quality App.
o Release if everything is ok.
o Reject if not ok (rework, new production, ...).
• Sending reports/ MOM´s of producer´s visits.
• Searching, screening and assessment of potential new producers and production facilities.
• Supporting the onboarding process with new producers.
• Supporting CSR topics like FWF (Fair Wear Foundation) audits.
• Support definition of quality standards together with Dagmar Koller.
• Supporting claim processes.
• Staying uptodate with new processing technologies.
• Regular trips to company headquarter in Germany for.
• Training and coaching in garment and backpack sector.
• Handover of new styles/ news collection.
• Training of IT software and tools.
• Staying in close contact to company core team in Germany.
• Understanding company DNA, values and rules.