You will lead and manage all development tasks, overseeing a small team and external consultants. You will be a member or leader of Project Development team as our project portfolio grows. You will also have significant input to business strategy.
Our business model focuses including but not limited to green field project development, acquisition of projects at early stage and then overseeing co-development with the original developer to secure PPA and grid connection permits and closing the project. You will experienced in managing market leading site selection criteria and process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limit the following:
• Lead and manage all aspects of utility-scale solar PV project development- both our in-house activities and overseeing the original Developer partner’s deliverables (securing land, surveys, EIS, FA, community engagement, grid permits etc.);
• Appoint and manage consultants and advisors to ensure timely progress of project;
• Managing external stakeholders, relationships and communications to ensure market leading development process and implemented;
• Provide regular reporting on development activity, project schedules, milestones, budgets and risk management;
• In conjunction with the technical manager, be the primary interface for EPC company during negotiation of the EPC contract ( with external legal assistance), Early works and construction to ensure scope of work, project delivery and discharge of planning conditions and key millstone deadlines are achieved;
• Lead strategic analysis and site selection to build, and continuously refine, a highly competitive portfolio;
• In conjunction with the Finance Manager, lead the commercial analysis of project returns and continuously focus on cost reduction initiatives;
• Manage formal technical due diligence process of more advance projects as they move into the intense closing and financing phase;
• Manage relations and information exchange with HQ to keep them informed and involved in major decisions;
• Ensure team, developers and consultants all conforming to best-practice OH&S standards;
The Key performance indicators for this role include but not limit the following:
• Take ownership of project delivery, implementing market leading project management processes to ensure high quality outcomes in a time efficient manner;
• Successfully manages multiple projects simultaneously – good delegation;
• Manage relationship with key stakeholder effectively and comprehensively;
• Achieve regular progress on project permitting/ development steps;
• Provides regular internal reporting updated in a timely manner, including risk mitigation strategies;
• Ensure accurate, updated and high-quality documentation for each project;
• Maintain project expenditure within approved budget levels;
• Performs regular optimization of project portfolio ( site selection/ranking).