General Purpose of the Job
- Managing the industrialization process of a defined range of products acting as an extension of HQ Project Manager.
- Ensure product is manufactured to cost targets. Work collaboratively with factory, suppliers and Costing team to optimize value /cost ratio.
- Ensures product evaluation covers areas of Fit /Performance, Quality /Lab, Pattern /Grading, Cost /Productivity and commercial feasibility.
Quality management and quality audit
- Responsible for all quality affairs in assigned factories and through all stages from initial product brief to buy-ready to mass production until products landed in company warehouse.
- Ensure Brands quality requirements are fully respected, and objectives are met.
- Ensure products are industrialized (commercialized) and manufactured in mass production in accordance with design, fit and specification requirements.
- Random quality audit in all kind of vendors production stages from IQC, lab test, IPQC, FQC, OQC and Finished Goods incl. necessary reporting.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Ensures all products are developed and commercialized in accordance with design and specification requirements as detailed by headquarters while maintaining an emphasis on performance and integrity; ensures product incorporates latest technical developments when appropriate
- Works with manufacturers and suppliers in continuous upgrades of technical applications and processes based on given specifications and HQ directions.
- Determines and integrates at the direction of headquarters the best possible technical application for product without compromising on design, feasibility /productivity and cost allowance (i.e. Injected EVA, computer stitching, etc)
- Facilitate collaboration between factories, headquarters development team, commercialization and costing to achieve cost targets. Ensure cost efficiencies and value /cost ratio. Responsible for ensuring that bill of material and cost-breakdowns are built in by vendors in an accurate /systematic way throughout the manufacturing process.
- Ensures commercialization procedures are executed according to the commercialization calendar to allow for on-time production start; is able to work within commercialization timelines without compromise to product quality.
- Has a good understanding of supplier timelines (e.g. molds, lasts, components delivery) and ensures that these delivery timelines are respected.
- Co-operates with factory and production team in conducting the production trial in a timely manner; works closely with factory and the production team in resolving any potential problems, which may occur in the transition of the product from commercialization to production
- Close monitor 1st production of new models in production factory through material swatch control to final inspection, to ensure SOP and quality requirement /standards fully respected and right 1st time on 1st production
- Daily audit on incoming material inspection, lab test, manufacturing process and final inspection control to ensure company quality requirement /standard fully understood, respected and met, and factories quality system working well
- Provide suggestion for improvement (or problem solving) in technical procedure or equipment selection & set up in pursuing for:
Secure consistency of production quality & lead time;
Cost minimize and/or;
Simplify the production process.