This position will report direct to Engineering Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for performing assigned jobs related to Engineering design and site work activities for company’s Oil and Gas projects. The major duty is involved in engineering and site work activities.
The Mechanical Design Engineer shall ensure that – at the best of his/her knowledge – his/her assigned works fully comply with applicable Industrial Codes & Standards, Company Policies, procedures, engineering practices and Customer specific requirement.
This position typically includes the following depending on the project scale, with other ancillary duties assigned as and dependent on the individual’s experience.
· Lead and coordinate design activities, establish functional and new drafting processes and product standardization templates, system / product definition, drawings, specifications, and BoMs using specific or establishing new design tools.
· Independently perform most assignments.
· Responsible for the technical development of part of a job (requisition) or part of a New Product Introduction project.
· Ensure appropriate documentation (layout, spec, design assy / stack-up / specification studies, BoMs).
· Interface with Project Engineers, Design Engineers, Testing, Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing and component / system vendors.
· Coordinate and control the activities performed by external resources related to the assigned jobs.
· Ensure expected results in term of quality, execution time, and cost (within control).
· Use of company certified design tools (such as 2D / 3D CAD (AC/ProE/UG), Excel, and in-house design calculations) to complete assigned works.
· Ensure that the works are in compliance with relevant Laws, Rules, Regulations, Codes & industry standards and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
· Always capture and share lessons learned and working experiences from assigned projects/tasks to peers.
· Ensure technical documents generated for the assigned projects are consistent with the company’s policies and procedures.
· Complete all assignments assigned by Management to other teams within VEC or in others countries to support related works.
· Manage and organize project related data on PDM Link System.
· Create and modify calculation/analysis report.
· Ensure effective communication with global Centres of Excellence (CoE).
· Attend and actively participate in internal and Client meetings and Design reviews.
· Assist and/or produce project engineering deliverables in accordance with EPC contracts.