Lead all Automotive, Commercial and Industrial Marketing programs/activities for Vilube-Motul Lubricants in Vietnam and cluster (Vietnam, Thailand, Lao, Cambodia, Indonesia) to achieve agreed target for both B2C and B2B channels.
· Build strategic marketing plan for 5 years on regional vision: Brand strategic plan, brand awareness and preference, brand volume and margin, brand spend efficiency, POSM and partnerships.
· Develop actionable insights on macro-economics, market growth, share, distribution, competitors, etc. to develop business strategic plans.
· Lead and conduct market research to drive strategic plans for both marketing & sales:
ü Market sizing to serve business growth and strategy
ü Innovation studies for new concepts and new product development
ü Brand health, usage and attitude studies for both consumers and retailers to track and understand the market thoroughly
ü Market census for sales to roll-out distribution strategy
ü Retail audit study to track market share and distribution
· Monitor, manage and analyze all marketing activities to prove a healthy ROI.
· Build and drive brand growth for cluster via consumer activities (ATL/BTL communication, activations, distributor conferences, events, roadshows, POSM) and trade activities (value chain analysis, offer development, trade promotions)
· Develop strategic automotive value proposition for retail development channel through garages, bike wash shops, repair shops and other vendors
Marketing Operations & Execution
· Develop, implement, and manage the Digital Media & PR strategies/plans for cluster in compliance with strategies and guidelines.
· Recommend pricing structure, support ongoing pricing efforts to manage and maximize margins. Engage sales and customer service teams to implement pricing across the value chain.
· Coordinate with sales team to analyze market intelligence on pricing, promotion and product positioning activities and key competitors analysis.
· Maximize the company’s online PR and promotion activities, and marketing communication on Vilube – Motul products.
· Provide short -term market forecasts.
· Work closely with agencies and partners to create effective communication to achieve objectives/ KPIs, including brand awareness, preference and loyalty.
· Build annual budget, schedule expenditures, analysic variances, initiate corrective actions to achieve department financial objectives.
· Develop and implement product line strategies including product positioning, pricing and channels/routes to market to maximize the growth potential and profitability of the product line.
· Manage new product development and continuously analyze the product portfolio and brand positioning to meet market requirements and business profitability for the cluster.
· Identify, prioritize and develop new applications and business opportunities through market research, evaluate new applications, liaise with the technical team from development to product launch.
· Work with product team to implement & monitor product marketing programs that clearly convey the customer value proposition in designated markets/ segments / channels.
Team Management & Leadership
· Responsible for career and skills development of the team, including coaching, conducting performance reviews, highlighting growth-needs and career path planning for individuals.
Clearly set expectations for all direct reports and evaluate performance based upon expectations.
Conduct timely performance appraisals for all direct reports to encourage, motivate and improve their performance.
· Strong leadership, cross-functional team management and drive for results.
· Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
· Ability to build strong relationships, and influence senior executives.
· Ability to deliver quick decisions; have a decision making process in place.
· Must have excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
· Manage challenging situations and recommend effective solutions.
· Effectively control cost to increase productivity and manage expenses.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Vietnamese and English.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Bachelor degree required; Marketing and/ or MBA preferred
· 10 years of marketing experience with at least 5 years of marketing management experience
· Product launch, product management and business development experience required